Transition Plymouth has a free lending library of interesting books related to sustainability. We prefer you to take one book at a time but are amenable to special cases.
To borrow a book you have to fill in a form with your contact details.
Here is a list of educational DVDs that you can borrow from us for free. To obtain them and/or donate new videos, please contact our e-mail or phone Adriana: 01752 222152
Most of these DVDs are a donation from Plymouth Environment Centre- now closed. Thanks PEC!
List of Films
- 'Growing Green' by Stockfree Organic Services - Video about the reality of Organic farm in UK (around 1 hr)
- 'The Convenient Solution' by Greenpeace - Film for general public about renewable energy v nuclear power (2 short films, around 20 min each)
- 'Permaculture, solutions for sustainable living' by Undercurrents - Different examples of sustainable living in Europe (4 short films between 25 and 45 min each)
- 'The Deadline' by Greenpeace - Video about Greenpeace campaign and actions taken on exploitative and illegal fishing (52 min)
- 'On the push' by Undercurrents - A surfer's guide to climate change and sustainable surfing (50 min)
- 'No New Coal' by World Development Movement - about the Kingsnorth case (15 min)
- 'A Story for Diversity' by Thomas Daniell - home-made 'all public' film with poetry and performance with reflections on capitalism and our response to it (11 min)
- 'Recycle for Plymouth' by Plymouth City council - Explanation of the recycling system in the city (20 min)
- 'Truth or Dairy' by the Vegan Society - Benjamin Zephaniah general/young public video about Veganism (22 min)
- 'Meat the Truth' by Nicolas Pierson Foundation - Documentary about the relationship between livestock farming and climate change, facilitated by Dutch MP Marianne Thieme (1 hr and more)
- 'Petroapocalypse Now?' by Aceditor Ltd - About Peak oil (47 min)
- 'Earthlings' by Nation Earth – feature - length documentary about the correlation between nature, animals and human economic interests (95 min)
- 'Eat This!' by Animal Aid - video for teenagers about the impact of animal farming in Britain (20 min)
- 'Not in my Name' by Viva! - short videos on Viva's campaigns for animal rights (10 films, 10 min each)
- 'Choose Life, Go Veggie' by Animal Aid - short video on the reality of animal farming (6 min)
- 'Wind Power in the UK' by GP, FoE, WWF - Analysis on the possibilities of wind power in UK (around 8O min)
- 'Safer Medicines' by Europeans for Medical Progress Trust - film about the many medical alternatives to animal testing (32 min)
- 'Super-size me' by Morgan Spurlock - The Spurlock Mc Diet experiment to measure the impact of Mc Donald’s food (100 min)
The Transition Plymouth Library